I. ALABAMA GROCERS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
The Alabama Grocers Education Foundation recognizes and aids deserving students who are related to Alabama’s food industry by virtue of their parents’ employment or their own part-time employment by firms which are members of the Alabama Grocers Association. The program demonstrates the Association’s interest in the growth and development of the leaders of tomorrow by providing financial assistance to deserving students. It relieves the parents of scholarship recipients of some college expenses and directly aids the colleges attended by the recipients of AGA Scholarships.
The scholarship cycle begins in December of each year and winners are contacted in April. Over $1,000,000 has been awarded to scholarship recipients since the founding of the AGEF in 1992.
II. HEALTH INSURANCE
Health Insurance is available through True Network of Advisers. A portion of the proceeds of this program will go into the Foundation. These items are available:
- Medical, Dental & Eye Insurance
- 401 (k) /Qualified Retirement Plans
- Executive Compensation Plans
- Business Continuation Planning
- Supplemental Benefits for Employees
- Estate Analysis Service
- Asset Management/Investment Planning
- Individual Policy Evaluation
- Group Life/Disability/Long Term Care
III. ASSOCIATION 401K PLAN THROUGH MERRILL LYNCH/MASS MUTUAL
IV. GENERAL INSURANCE WITH FEDERATED INSURANCE
- Property & Liability and Workers Compensation. Federated’s excellent coverage and commitment to loss control management combined with the possibility of a dividend, make this an excellent package.
- Financial Protection Services. Sound financial planning has become a necessity in today’s business environment. Endorsement of Federated’s Financial Protection Services provides members access to sound financial strategies and products including Life, Disability, Estate Planning, and Business Succession.
V. RESPONSIBLE VENDOR TRAINING
The Association has a Responsible Vendor Trainer on staff. This is only offered to AGA Members. Please call Ellie Taylor at the Association Office – (800) 844-2391 for more details.
VI. EDUCATION CLASSES ONLINE
The AGA has an online education portal with Learn Something, Inc. From the Learn Something link on our website you have access to 10 categories of online training which include: Business Skills, Computer Skills, Food Safety, Healthcare, Loss Prevention, OSHA courses, Pharmacy courses, Retail Compliance and a Retail Management Series. Go to www.aga.learnsomething.com to access online training.
VII. CREDIT CARD ASSOCIATION PRICING
Bank of America is offering AGA members some of the industry’s most flexible and efficient payment processing options available, along with valuable savings. Benefits include: specifically negotiated discount rates, fast access to cash, point-of-sale payment options, internet and telephone payment capability, safety and security, gift cards and loyalty programs, terminals and point-of-sale solutions, payroll cards, one statement and 24/7 technical support.
VIII. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Professional Advantage specializes in the supermarket industry. They help provide innovative, client specific solutions that are used for reducing turnover, reducing inventory shrink, increasing employee engagement, improving customer service, increasing productivity and many other solutions.